Thursday, April 29, 2010

My nephew

My nephew and I have always had a very close relationship. He is my favorite of all my nieces and nephews. He has spent the last three and a half years serving in the Navy as a Damage Controlman on the USS Peleilu in San Diego California. Over the last three years we have only gotten to see him two to three times a year depending on when his ship is out to sea. Summer of 2008, his ship left the first of May and made a trip to Iraq to transport Marines and more supplies to some of the troops already there. He is about to make one of those trips again in the next few weeks, so that means he will be home on leave this weekend!!! My whole family can't wait to see him and spend time with him before he goes to Iraq again. We are all very proud of him!

1 comment:

  1. My step-brother joined the National Guard about 5 years ago and since then we have only seen him about 3 or 4 times. It's very hard, but we all know he's doing much better now than he was before he joined.

    ReplyDelete